Using Universal Desktop OS 2 requires licenses. Licenses for the legacy IGEL Universal Desktop OS are not valid for the new firmware. New licenses are not valid for the old firmware either.
You can generate new licenses from the SIM card in the UDC stick. You can do this
- while installing from the UDC stick
- after installing on the thin client locally
- after installing via the IGEL Universal Management Suite.
Alternatively, you can order the licenses for your target devices from IGEL and distribute them via IGEL Universal Management Suite. See Licensing.
You have the following options for installing and licensing Universal Desktop OS 2 on your target devices:
directly on the target device via UDC stick
via the SIM card in the UDC stick
directly on the target device via USB stick and UDC2Stick.exe
using the licenses from the SIM card or distributing licenses ordered from IGEL viaUMS
remotely via Deployment Appliance
remotely via RIS-Deployment
When doing a first install from the UDC stick, you can simply insert the SIM card. Then a license will be generated for the device during the installation. See also Installing.
- Licensing with the Universal Management Suite (UMS)
- Licensing via Smartcard and UMS
- Licensing on the Thin Client from Smartcard