Download page Disabling Features to Reduce Firmware Size.
Disabling Features to Reduce Firmware Size
You want to update your IGEL OS firmware to a higher release version, but the firmware update requires more disk space. Updating devices with less disk space than required leads to an error:
Not enough space on local drive.
The size of the new firmware
- with all enabled software features included
- with the NVIDIA graphics driver
- with the Firefox profile partition
- possibly with a custom partition
- possibly with custom wallpaper and bootsplash
exceeds the device's disk space (e.g. 2 GB).
Disable firmware features not needed for productive operation to reduce the size of the firmware:
- In IGEL Setup, go to System > Firmware Customization > Features.
- Disable features not needed in your environment.
- Activate your settings with Apply or OK.
- Reboot the device.
- Update the device.
Use profiles with UMS in order to deactivate features on a group of devices.