Download page Known Issues 10.03.500.
Known Issues 10.03.500
Citrix Receiver 13
On devices with AMD/Radeon graphics chipsets and activated DRI3 X driver option the hardware accelerated Citrix H.264 decoder plugin can hang. To solve this issue deactivation of DRI3 option is necessary (default setting).More
enabled / disabled
Force usage of DRI3
enabled / disabled
- Citrix StoreFront login with Gemalto smartcard middleware does not detect smartcard correctly when the card is inserted after start of login. As a workaround, insert the smartcard before starting StoreFront login.
- No smooth playback over Nuance channel if the dictation device isn't attached.
- External drives mounted already before connection do not appear in the remote desktop.
Workaround: mapping the directory
/mediaas a drive on desktop.
Then the external devices will show up inside the media drive.
- Client drive mapping and USB redirection for storage devices should not be enabled both at the same time.
- On the one hand, when using USB redirection for storage devices: The USB on-insertion feature is only working when the client drive mapping is switched off. In the IGEL Setup client drive mapping can be found in: Sessions > Horizon Client > Horizon Client Global > Drive Mapping > Enable Drive Mapping. It is also recommended to disable local Storage Hotplug: On page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug, put number of storage hotplug devices to 0.
- On the other hand, when using drive mapping instead, it is recommended to either switch off USB redirection entirely or at least deny storage devices by adding a filter to the USB class rules. Furthermore, Horizon Client relies on the OS to mount the storage devices itself. Change on the following setup page is required: Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
Activate Enable dynamic drive mapping and set Number of storage hotplug devices to at least 1.
- Because the support for the gstreamer framework was dropped by recent Firefox versions, support for H264 decoding in the browser is not possible anymore due to licensing restrictions.
- VPNs which need the OpenConnect client cannot be used for firmware updates.
- Active Directory users with a password containing special characters may have problems to authenticate with the configured session.
Known special characters which result in errors are:
` (grave accent, ASCII code 96)
´ (acute accent, ASCII code 239)