Download page Disabling Local Terminal Access.
Disabling Local Terminal Access
The Local Terminal accessory allows the user to execute commands or make changes to the system. By default, the local terminal is disabled, that is, no local terminal session is configured. To enhance security, you should do one of the following:
- Leave the local terminal disabled
- If a local terminal session is configured, but not needed, disable it.
- If a local terminal session is needed, password-protect it.
To remove an existing local terminal session:
- In IGEL Setup, go to Accessories > Terminals.
- Select a local terminal session you want to delete.
- Click to remove the selected session.
- When prompted, confirm that you want to delete the session.
- Click Apply.
Alternatively, you can password-protect the terminals.
To password-protect the local terminal:
- Find the local terminal session under Accessories > Terminals.
- Follow the instructions under Password-Protecting Sessions and Accessories.