Download page Splitting an IGEL Product Pack.
Splitting an IGEL Product Pack
The typical use case for splitting a Product Pack is as follows: You want to renew some licenses. But the licenses are organized in such a way that licenses that are to be renewed and licenses you do not want to renew are contained in the same Product Pack. Thus, you need a method to separate those licenses which should be renewed from those which should be exempted from the renewal. This is done by splitting the Product Pack.
Splitting a Product Pack will result in two Product Packs.
Splitting a Product Pack requires the IGEL License Portal (ILP); the IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS) can not be used for this purpose.
You can only split one Product Pack at a time; bulk processing is not possible.
ICG Licenses Only in Multiples of 10
If you split a Product Pack that contains IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) licenses, the license count in the resulting Product Packs will always be a multiple of 10. Example: Your Product Pack has 90 licenses, and you want to halve it. As creating Product Packs with a count of 45 is not possible, you create one Product Pack with 50 licenses and one with 40 licenses.
Example: Separating Licenses for Renewal
In the following example, we will split those licenses that should not be renewed into a new Product Pack, so that the original Product Pack can be renewed.
- Log in to the IGEL License Portal (ILP) at https://activation.igel.com. If you have not registered yet, you must register first.
Your dashboard is shown.
- In the list of Product Packs, find the Product Pack you want to split.
The management dialog opens. in the appropriate list entry to open the management dialog.
- Click Split product pack.
The Split product pack dialog opens.
- Specify the number of licenses that should be moved to the new Product Pack; in our example, these are the licenses that should not be renewed.
- Select the licenses that should be moved to the new Product Pack.
The two Product Packs that result from the split are shown.
- If you are using Automatic License Deployment (ALD): To check the results, open your UMS Console, go to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Licenses > Deployment and click the refresh button.
- Continue with Renewing a Maintenance / Subscription in the IGEL License Portal (ILP), section "Renewal that Comprises Only Some Product Packs".