Download page Setting up Automatic License Deployment (ALD).
Setting up Automatic License Deployment (ALD)
Note for Managed Service Providers (MSP)
This method is NOT appropriate if you want to manage devices of several clients with one single UMS; for this use case, you should use Automatic License Deployment (ALD) with ALD Token.
You can configure the UMS to automatically assign licenses to devices. When Automatic License Deployment (ALD) is configured, and the UMS finds a device that needs a license, it fetches a license from the IGEL Licensing Service (ILS) and deploys it to the device automatically. The license is derived from a Product Pack; you can monitor the current license consumption using the IGEL License Portal (ILP).
The typical use cases are as follows:
- Assigning licenses from an IGEL Workspace Edition (WE) Product Pack to new devices while registering the devices to the UMS
- Renewing licenses from an IGEL Workspace Edition (WE) Product Pack
- Assigning licenses from an IGEL Enterprise Management Pack (EMP) to a selection of device
Supported License Types
The following license types are supported by Automatic License Deployment:
- Workspace Edition; see Workspace Edition
- Add-on licenses for Workspace Edition (IGEL OS 11.01.110 or higher); see Add-On Licenses
- Enterprise Management Pack; see Enterprise Management Pack
- Universal Desktop Converter (UDC3)
- Universal Desktop Pocket (UDP)
- Universal Management Agent (UMA)
- UMS 6.01.100 or higher
- At least 1 Product Pack
- The required open ports are described in UMS Communication Ports.
- Obtaining Your UMS ID
- Registering Your UMS ID
- Assigning a Product Pack to the UMS ID
- Preventing User Intervention
- Configuring the Distribution Conditions
- Enabling Automatic License Deployment
- Intervals for Automatic License Deployment
- Checking If the Licenses Have Been Deployed Successfully
- (Optional) Starting the License Assignment Manually