To transfer a license from one device to another one, you simply remove the license from the old device and add it to the new device.
Removing the License from the Old Device
- f you are not logged in to the IGEL License Portal login at https://activation.igel.com.
Your dashboard is shown.
- In the list of subscriptions, set the filter to UDC3.
- Open the management dialog for the subscription key that contains the licenses you want to generate.
The management dialog opens. in the appropriate list entry to open the management dialog.
- Click Remove Hardware
- The Remove hardware dialog opens.
- Select the hardware you want to remove, activate the checkbox labeled I have read... and click OK.
Adding the License to the New Device
- Click Add hardware.
The dialog for adding hardware opens.
The dialog for adding hardware is closed; your license file is ready for downlad. , enter the MAC address of the new device as unit ID and click OK.
- Click Download
- Save the license file (*.lic) to a suitable location.
- Deploy the license on the new device as described under Deploying the License on the UDC3 Device.