From UMS Version 5.03.100:
In UMS Version 5.03.100 the handling of the Structure Tag has been simplified. You can now use it like any other criterion in your Default Directory Rules under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Default Directory Rules.
Learn more in the UMS manual: Default Directory Rules.
Before UMS Version 5.03.100:
- Open the UMS console.
- Click Misc > Default Directories to open the configuration window.
- Click the (+) symbol.
- Select a default directory for any devices which do not provide a tag.
- Define if this rule is to override the existing directory membership and whether it is to be executed once (on first registration) or on every boot of the client.All devices with a structure tag that is not assigned to another directory will be sorted into this default directory.
- Click Next.
- Choose Structure Tag as the criterion and click Next.
- Define a Value (tag) for the relevant folders.
- Click Next and Finish.
- Sort the default directory rules by marking a rule and clicking the up and down arrows.The order of the structure tag rules is important because they will be executed hierarchically, just like all the other rules. It may be useful to move a structure tag rule to the bottom of the list so that it will be executed only if no other rule takes effect
- Decide whether you want to Apply rules now ... or to Save the default directory rules.
If you want to apply the rules, you have to specify the default directory for devices not matching a rule:
General Note on Directory Rules
UMS executes the rules in the predefined order. As soon as one rule is fulfilled, no other rule will be executed. The option Leave in Actual Directory means that the UMS thinks a rule is fulfilled if a device is situated in the target directory or its subdirectory. No other rule will then be executed, and the device will remain in the current directory.
If you enable Overrides all existing directory Memberships you can control if the directory holds only devices that are not members of a certain directory or if it houses all devices. Both options make sense only if you have enabled Apply rule when TC is booting or if you apply the rules manually.