The following Installation and Sizing Guidelines are intended to support you with setting up the UMS environment - UMS Server, UMS Console & UMS Web App, Database, and, if required, load balancer and ICG instances.
The size and structure of the UMS setup depend mainly on the following criteria:
- Number of devices
- High Availablity
- ICG connection for devices outside of your company network
The Installation and Sizing Guidelines apply for a standard UMS setup and describe the most common UMS environments. Any individual exceptions or requirements may not be covered by these scenarios.
- System requirements: UMS 6.05 and ICG 2.02 and newer
- UMS components (server, load balancer, UMS Console, and database) are located in the same internal LAN (no NAT, no firewalls, no proxies).
- Devices are in the same internal LAN as UMS components (no NAT, no firewalls, no proxies).
- Devices outside of the internal LAN are connected via ICG.
- Devices are not booted/rebooted frequently (once a day on average).
- A maximum of 10 different firmware versions is managed via UMS.
- UMS backups and exports are not permanently stored on the UMS server host.
Recommended Additional Information
UMS Communication Ports: Find a list with all ports that are relevant for the communication with the UMS.
"Supported Environment": Find in this section in the latest release notes, which servers, clients, and backend databases are supported.
High Availability: Find useful how-tos and the reference guide around your HA installation.
IGEL Cloud Gateway: Find how-tos, the reference guide, and additional information concerning the management of endpoints outside the company network.