UMS Architecture and Sizing Recommendations
- These recommendations are valid for a common UMS scenario.
If a customer environment has specific requirements, the architecture might not be suitable.
- System requirements are for UMS 6.05 and ICG 2.02.
- System requirements do not include host OS requirements! The values are for the UMS processes only.
Definition: Common UMS Scenario
- UMS services (server, load balancer, console) are in same internal LAN (no NAT, no firewalls, no proxies)
- Devices are in the same internal LAN as UMS services (no NAT, no firewalls, no proxies)
Exception: ICG connected devices
- Devices are not booted/rebooted frequently (once a day on average)
(Scenarios, where large numbers of devices are booted/rebooted simultaneously, are not covered by this recommendation!)
- Normal use of firmware update feature (not more than 10 firmware updates in UMS)
- UMS backups and exports are not permanently stored on UMS server host
Basic System Maintenance
- UMS services produce log files that grow over time. Make sure to check consumed disc space regularly and remove old log files if necessary.
- If the embedded database is used, check for free disc space regularly and expand the disc if necessary (keep at least 1 GB free at any time)