In order to find thin clients in the network, the following requirements must be met:
- The thin clients must be switched on and functioning.
- The firmware for the thin clients must support the UMS. This is the case with the following devices:
- IGEL thin clients with original firmware
- Devices on which IGEL OS was installed using IGEL Universal Desktop Converter 2/3 (UDC2/UDC3)
- Devices on which IGEL OS was booted via a UD Pocket
- Devices on which the UMA (Universal Management Agent) is running
To search for thin clients in the network and register them in the UMS, proceed as follows:
- Log on to the UMS console.
The content panel of the console will be displayed.
- Click on
The Scanning for Thin Clients window will open. .
- Specify the search area:
If there are a number of network interfaces, you should bear in mind that the broadcast message is only sent via the first network interface. If you use Windows, this is under the first item in the list of network connections.
- Local Network of the UMS Server: The UMS server will send a broadcast message to the network.
If TCP is used for searching, the search procedure will take longer.
- IP Range: The UMS server contacts each thin client in the given range.
- List of IP Ranges: With Edit list, you can specify the IP ranges in which the UMS will search for thin clients.
- Use TCP for scanning: If this option is enabled, communication with the thin clients will take place via TCP. If this option is disabled, UDP will be used.
- Click on Scan.
The search results will be shown in the Found Thin Clients window. The thin clients can now be registered; see Registering thin clients.