Menu path: Setup > System > Firmware Configuration > Custom Partition > Partition
Here, you can create a partition of your own.
- Enable partition
☑ The customer partition is enabled in the IGEL Setup of the thin client or with the IGEL Universal Management Suite via the setup path.
☐ The customer partition is not enabled. (default)
- Size: Size of the partition in bytes. The value can have the following multiplicative endings:
k for kilobytes
K for kibibytes
m for megabytes
M for mebibytes
g for gigabytes
G for gibibytesSensible figures are for example 100 K (for 100 KiB = 100 * 1024 bytes) or 100 M (for 100 MiB = 100 * 1024 * 1024 bytes). The size of the partition should be set to at least 100 KiB. However, no more than 300 MiB should be reserved for the customer-specific partition (based on the 1 GB standard CF used in IGEL Linux thin clients). This is because subsequent firmware updates may require more storage space than the current version.
- Mount point: Path on which the partition is to be mounted. (default:
- Partitions parameters: From IGEL OS Version 10.03.100, you can enter name value pairs which are passed on to the custom partition for further processing.
To manage the list, proceed as follows:
- Click to create a new parameter.
- Click to remove the selected parameter.
- Click to edit the selected parameter.
- Click to copy the selected parameter.
- Name: Name of the parameter
- Value: Value of the parameter