You can save the update files either directly on the UMS server or you can put them on your captive FTP server. If you have many devices to be updated, you should work with the FTP server because it makes it easier to distribute large amounts of data in the local network.
- Click Universal Firmware Update in the UMS Administration area of UMS console.
- Click Edit... .
- Enter your FTP server under Host, to save the update files in this location.
- Add further details like storage path and access data for the server.
- Save your settings and click Test Server Connection.
- Right-click Universal Firmware Update on the UMS console tree.
- Choose Check for new firmware updates from the context menu.
A window opens with a list of all updates associated with the firmware versions registered in the UMS database.
- Choose a Version in the drop-down-list.
- Click Information to see the release notes of each update.
- Activate the check box Include for downloading a certain update.
- Click Download to start the process.
The update will be added to the tree and the current processing status will be shown.
The unpacked firmware files are finally in the target directory on the FTP server.
Assigning updates to the thin clients
Assign the downloaded update by dragging and dropping to your device directory. Now, if you click this directory you can see the firmware update in the right window under Assigned objects. The devices will now know where to find the firmware update in the event of an update command.