The method described here is a quick and easy way to deploy a license on a single device which has not yet been configured by the UMS. First, you get your license file from a Product Pack. Then, you use the device's Setup Assistant to deploy it on the device either via HTTP download, FTP, or from a USB memory stick.
Getting the License File from the IGEL Licensing Portal
- Log in to the IGEL License Portal at (ILP) https://activation.igel.com. If you have not registered yet, you must register first.
After login, your dashboard is shown.
- Select Register delivery token.
- Enter the Delivery Token you received from your reseller.
Confirm the EULA and click Send.
The page Order Details is shown. It contains one or more Product Packs which are identified by Product Pack IDs.
- Open the management dialog for the Product Pack ID that contains the licenses you want to generate.
The management dialog opens.
- Click Add hardware.
The dialog for adding hardware opens.
To add hardware to the subscriptions, you have the following options:
Upload the CSV containing the unit IDs via drag & drop
Upload the CSV containing the unit IDs via the Upload button
Clickto enter unit IDs manually
The newly added hardware is displayed.
- Click OK.
The dialog for adding hardware is closed; your license file is ready for download.
- Click Download.
- Save the license file
(*.lic)to a suitable location.
Deploying the License on the Device
- Go to the device, start it and step through the device's Setup Assistant.
- At the step Activate Your IGEL OS, follow the instructions under Activate Your IGEL OS, section "Manual License Deployment".