By following the procedure below, you can install the end device in your network environment in just a few minutes:
- Connect the end device to a VGA or DVI monitor, an AT-compatible keyboard with a PS/2 or USB connection, a USB mouse and the LAN using an RJ45 connector.
- Connect the end device to the power supply.
- Switch on the end device and wait until the graphic desktop is launched.
You are now logged on as a user with the name user (password is user).
To log on as an administrator, proceed as follows:
- Select Start > Log Off.
- with W7, holding down the [Shift] key -
- Hold down the [Shift] key and click on Log Off.
- Hold down the [Shift] key until the logon window is shown.
Log on as an administrator user with the password administrator.Change the administrator password after logging on for the first time!
A yellow IGEL symbol is shown in the Windows taskbar:
You can configure basic system settings here.
- Right-click the IGEL symbol.
A pop-up menu opens.
- Change the
- Network settings
- Display settings
- Keyboard settings
- Click OK to save your changes.
The device will now restart and will use the new settings thereafter.
These basic settings can also be configured in the IGEL setup application. A handy tool tip is available for virtually every setting. If you would like to know more about a setting or option, simply move your mouse pointer over it and wait a moment.