In the update mode, the UMS Servers run with a local copy of the database. This ensures that they can answer requests from the devices and transfer configuration settings and profiles to the devices.
WarningDo not make changes in the productive database during the update process. This is because decoupled servers work with a copy of the database schema in the meantime. For this reason, the update of all components within the UMS HA network should be carried out immediately. Implement a test system for the first installation of new IGEL UMS versions and check their processes before transferring them to the productive system. This also applies to hotfixes, patches, etc. for server systems and databases.
Updating the First UMS Servers
You can select any UMS Server within the HA network to start the update procedure.
Launch the UMS installer.You need administration rights to update the IGEL UMS HA.
- Close other applications and confirm that you have done so.
- Read and confirm the license agreement.
- Read the explanation of the installation process.
- Verify the components to be installed (in this case: HA network with server and load balancer installed individually).
- Choose a name for the entry in the Windows start menu.
Read the summary and start the installation process.
During the installation, the UMS Server switches to the update mode.It is not possible to log in to servers via the UMS Console when in the update mode.
- Confirm the message
n of m servers updated.
- Close the program once the installation is complete.
- Continue with the update of the next UMS Server.
Updating the Last UMS Server
1-9 on the last UMS Server to be updated.Repeat steps
The last UMS Server updated renews the schema of the productive database after the installation. All other UMS Servers within the network which run in the update mode will be informed that the installation has finished. They will restart and reconnect themselves to the productive database. Afterwards, they will run in normal mode.
>> Proceed with Updating Further Components.