Menu path: UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Licenses > Deployment
From IGEL UMS Version 5.08.100, you can enable and configure the automatic deployment of licenses by the UMS. Automatic license deployment includes basic licenses for UDC3, UMA and UD Pocket.
Demo licenses are not supported by Automatic License Deployment. To deploy a demo license, see Activate Your IGEL OS.
Automatic license deployment requires a connection between the UMS and the IGEL license server as well as the IGEL update server. This connection can be established via a proxy.
If automatic license deployment is enabled and at least one token with suitable and non-allocated licenses is registered, the UMS will perform the following actions in the background:
- If a non-licensed device is newly registered in the UMS, the UMS will call up a license from the license server within 30 seconds and then register it.
- Every 5 minutes, the UMS will check whether there are registered devices that do not yet have a license. If such a device is found, the UMS will call up a license from the license server and then register it.If a number of tokens for which suitable and non-allocated licenses are available are registered, a selection will be made in accordance with the following criteria:
- The token with the most allocated licenses will be used first.
- Tokens with an earlier registration date will be used before tokens with a later registration date.
As soon as a license is registered in the UMS, the UMS stores the license and adds a license download link to the settings.
After that, the UMS sends the current settings to the devices. When the devices have received their settings, they download the licenses and reboot. After the reboot, the devices have all licensed features at their disposal.
For further information about setting up and using automatic license deployment, see the HowTo Automatic License Deployment.
- Enable automatic deployment
Automatic license deployment is enabled.
No automatic license deployment will take place.
- Used proxy server: Description of the proxy currently used
- Edit proxy configuration: Opens a dialog allowing you to select a proxy for communication with the license server. Under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Proxy Server, one or more proxies must be configured; see Proxy Server.
- No proxy server: No proxy server will be used.
- Use default proxy server: The default proxy server defined under Proxy Server will be used.
- Manual proxy configuration: A server from the Configured Proxy Servers list can be selected.
- Connection test: Shows the result of the connection test.
- Test connection: Tests the connection between UMS or the proxy and the IGEL license server as well as the IGEL update server (http://fwu.igel.com/).
This table shows all tokens currently registered in the UMS. You can add, delete, enable or disable tokens.
Search in all columns of the table
Disable token. A disabled token will not be used for deploying licenses.
Update information regarding all registered tokens. The current information will be obtained from the license server
Show token details:
The following information is shown:
- Token: Token assigned to the activation key
- Product: Product for which the licenses are valid
- Activation key: Activation key assigned to the token
- Licenses used: Licenses currently in use
- Expiration date: Expiry date of the license
The actions last performed are shown in this area.
Delete entries older than a specific date
Delete selected entries
Show details regarding the selected action
The following information is shown:
- Time: Time at which the action was performed
- Action: Description of the action
- Used token: Token to which the license is assigned
- Number of affected devices: Number of devices for which a license was deployed
- Result: Result of the action
- (Error message)