Menu path: UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Licenses > Deployment
You can enable and configure the automatic deployment of licenses by the UMS. Automatic license deployment includes licenses for UDC3/OSC, UMA and UD Pocket.
Demo licenses are not supported by Automatic License Deployment. To deploy a demo license, see Activate Your IGEL OS.
Automatic license deployment requires a connection between the UMS and the IGEL license server as well as the IGEL update server. This connection can be established via a proxy.
For details about the process of automatic license deployment, see Intervals for Automatic License Deployment.
- The Product Pack with the most allocated licenses will be used first.
- Product Packs with an earlier registration date will be used before Product Packs with a later registration date.
As soon as a license is registered in the UMS, the UMS stores the license and adds a license download link to the device settings. After that, the UMS sends the settings to the devices. When the devices have received their settings, they download the licenses and reboot. After the reboot, all licensed features are available on the devices.
For further information about setting up and using automatic license deployment, see Setting up Automatic License Deployment (ALD).
- Enable automatic deployment
Automatic license deployment is enabled.
No automatic license deployment will take place.
- Used proxy server: Description of the proxy currently used
- Edit proxy configuration: Opens a dialog allowing you to select a proxy for communication with the license server. Under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Proxy Server, one or more proxies must be configured; see Proxy Server.
- No proxy server: No proxy server will be used.
- Use default proxy server: The default proxy server defined under Proxy Server will be used.
- Use selected Proxy Server: A server from the Configured Proxy Servers list can be selected.
- Connection test: Shows the result of the connection test.
- Test connection: Tests the connection between UMS or the proxy and the IGEL license server as well as the IGEL update server (http://fwu.igel.com/).
This table shows all Product Packs currently registered in the UMS. You can add, delete, enable or disable Product Packs.
Search in all columns of the table
Add Product Pack
Delete Product Pack
Enable Product Pack
Disable Product Pack. A disabled Product Pack will not be used for deploying licenses.
Update information regarding all registered Product Pack. The current information will be obtained from the license server
Show Product Pack details:
The following information is shown:
- Pack ID: ID of the Product Pack
- Product: Product pack type
- Used licenses: Licenses currently in use
- Subscription status (expiration date/validity persion): For new Product Packs, the validity period is shown; for activated Product Packs, the expiration date is shown.
- Manual Distribution
- Automatic Distribution
- "Enabled (with conditions)"
- Registration Error: If the registration of e Product Pack has failed, the error message is shown here.
The actions last performed are shown in this area.
Delete entries older than a specific date
Delete selected entries
Show details regarding the selected action
The following information is shown:
- Time: Time at which the action was performed
- Action: Description of the action
- Used Pack ID: ID of the Product Pack
- Number of affected devices: Number of devices for which a license was deployed
- Result: Result of the action
- Error message