There are three optional extensions for the Universal Management Suite (UMS):
- High Availability (HA): highly available thin client management with load balancing
- Universal Customization Builder (UCB): individual expansion packages for the IGEL firmware
- IGEL Management Interface (IMI): REST API for integrating UMS with your environment
To use these extensions, licenses are required.
Licensing the High Availability (HA) Extension
A basic HA installation contains a free demo license for five thin clients managed by the UMS to enable you to carry out basic tests, e.g. with IGEL test set-ups. If you require licenses for further thin clients, please contact your IGEL reseller.
Licensing Universal Customization Builder (UCB)
In order to obtain a UCB license, you must successfully take part in a paid IGEL UCB training course (in-house or classroom training).
Licensing IGEL Management Interface (IMI)
In oder to use IMI you need to purchase a maintenance subscription. This involves obtaining a Delivery Token from your IGEL reseller and generating a license with it in the IGEL License Portal.
Installing UMS Extension Licenses
Register the license file you receive in the administration area of UMS Console:
- Go to UMS Administration > Global Configuration > UMS Licenses.
A license summary and a detailed list of registered licenses are displayed. Checkboxes indicate whether the license is a maintenance subscription or a test license. If the license has an expiry date, it is displayed as well.
- Click the '+'symbol to upload the license file, which has a
*.licfilename extension. It contains all the license details.