You cannot manage IGEL OS 12 devices without the UMS Web App. Thus, the UMS Web App must be selected during the installation of the UMS.
- For update installations only: New precondition check will identify running UMS Servers in a distributed environment and warn about the possibility of data loss. See e.g. IGEL UMS Installation under Windows.
- For Linux only: New configuration dialog for entering or confirming the IP address of the UMS Server; see IGEL UMS Installation under Linux.
- The option for the Distributed UMS installation can now be activated in the UMS installer, see Installing the Distributed IGEL UMS.
For the load distribution of specific device requests, the Cluster Address has been implemented. As the Cluster Address, you can specify the FQDN and port of your external load balancer / reverse proxy. See Server Network Settings in the IGEL UMS.
UMS Web Port
A warning message is shown when OS 12 devices would no longer be manageable after the change of the web server port, see Settings - Change Server Settings in the IGEL UMS Administrator.
After several failed login attempts via the UMS Console, IMI REST API, or WebDAV, the brute-force protection will temporarily lock the user accounts. See Connecting the UMS Console to the IGEL UMS Server.
The following features have been renamed:
- Master profiles are now called "priority profiles". See Priority Profiles in the IGEL UMS.
- UMS Licensing ID is now called "UMS ID". The tree node has been moved and can now be found in the UMS Console under UMS Administration > Global Configuration. UMS ID certificate files are now exported with the ".crt" extension. See UMS ID.
- Node "Cloud Gateway Options" under UMS Administration > Global Configuration was renamed to "First-authentication keys". See First-authentication Keys.
License Removal on the Deletion of an IGEL OS 12 Device from the UMS
If an IGEL OS 12 device is deleted from the UMS, you can specify whether the licenses should be removed from the device. If the license deletion is selected, the licenses registered in the UMS are also removed and the Unit ID is removed from all registered packs. See Recycle Bin - Deleting Objects in the IGEL UMS.
Automatic License Deployment (ALD)
- Automatic License Deployment can now deploy demo licenses to OS 11 and OS 12 devices, see Deployment.
- You can now configure global distribution conditions for the ALD and activate automatic license exchange for expiring licenses, see Deployment.
IGEL Insight Service
You can enable or disable IGEL Insight Service in the UMS Console under UMS Administration > Global Configuration > UMS Features (see UMS Features) or in the UMS Web App under Network > Settings > UMS Features (see Network Settings in the IGEL UMS Web App).
Unified Protocol Introduced
The new Unified Protocol is used for all communication between the UMS and OS 12 devices, see Overview of the IGEL UMS.
Shadowing of OS 12 Devices
Shadowing of OS 12 devices is always secure, see Remote Access to Devices via Shadowing in the IGEL UMS Web App and UMS and Thin Clients: Secure Shadowing.
- Mobile Device Management Essentials (MDM)
- Universal Customization Builder (UCB)
End-of-Life (EOL) Features
- Java Web Start for the UMS Console. The feature is no longer officially supported.
UMS Web App
"Apps" Section Added
In the Apps section of the UMS Web App, you can import apps for your IGEL OS 12 devices from the IGEL App Portal. You can define there the default version of your apps, configure update settings for the apps, etc. For more information, see Apps - Import and Configure Apps for IGEL OS 12 Devices via the UMS Web App.
- In the UMS Web App, you can now create and edit (priority) profiles for IGEL OS 12 and IGEL OS 11 devices. OS 11 profiles are not regarded for OS 12 devices and vice versa, see How to Create and Assign Profiles in the IGEL UMS Web App.
- An app is assigned to the device / device directory via a profile configuring this app (so-called "implicit app assignment"). This can be overwritten by an explicit app assignment. See How to Assign Apps to IGEL OS Devices via the UMS Web App.
New Commands Added
- It is now possible to send plain text messages to IGEL OS 12 devices, see Sending a Message to Devices via the IGEL UMS Web App.
- It is now possible to edit device configuration under Devices > [name of the device] > Edit Configuration, see Device Commands.
"Settings" Area Added to the "Network" Section
In the Network section, you can now open the Settings area to view information necessary for configuring IGEL Onboarding Service, to activate IGEL Insight Service, etc. See Network Settings in the IGEL UMS Web App.